Pro Access Point
Pro Access Point
- Free 2-Day Shipping
- Connect up to 500 GrowFlux Mesh devices
- IP65 waterproof enclosure and connectors
- UV resistant design
- Enhanced RF performance; powered by a 48-MHz Arm Cortex-M4F processor
- Includes waterproof power cable, 20' waterproof Ethernet cable, and power adapter with NEMA 1-15 plug for North America
- Compatible with all 0-10V dimmable grow lights
- Sink and source dimming
- See more compatibility information
MESH NETWORK UP TO 200 DIMMERS
BATTERY BACKUP DATE & TIME
INDUSTRIAL IOT WIRELESS
SECURE ENCRYPTED COMMUNICATIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is an Internet connection required?
Yes, an Internet connection is required for the following features:
- Initial setup of the Access Point
- App and API control
- Managing devices, including changing schedules and zone assignments
- Logging sensor data to the cloud
- Remote control of GrowFlux Mesh devices
- Remote software updates on the Access Point or other GrowFlux Mesh devices
Once the Access Point is configured, an Internet connection is not required for the following features:
- On-site GrowFlux Meshing
- Date and time propagation over GrowFlux Mesh for scheduled devices
- Local control features such as Precision PAR® sensor control and 0-10V Transmitter control
- The Access Point must be powered on for all offline GrowFlux Mesh features
Does the Access Point use Bluetooth or WiFi?
The Access Point uses Bluetooth only for the initial device setup process with the GrowFlux App. After setup, the Bluetooth radio is turned off.
The Access Point does not support WiFi, and requires a hardwired Ethernet connection to ensure reliability.
Note that once setup, the Access Point connects to GrowFlux Apps on any device over the Internet rather than through a Bluetooth or WiFi connection.
Will the Access Point work with GrowFlux devices I purchased elsewhere?
Yes, the Access Point works with any GrowFlux Mesh device, including:
- GrowFlux Mesh enabled devices from GrowFlux partners
- GrowFlux sensors
- Devices (such as lighting controllers) labeled 'Powered by GrowFlux'
How many Access Points do I need?
Typically only one Access Point is necessary for each site, since powered GrowFlux Mesh devices extend network coverage across large areas. The Pro Access Point supports up to 500 devices.
For more than 500 devices, contact GrowFlux or install multiple Access Points as needed.
What is the wireless range?
The Access Point incorporates GrowFlux Mesh and is capable of reliable, long range communication. The Access Point typically communicates over 500 feet through walls in an indoor environment to most GrowFlux Mesh devices, and range can exceed 2500 feet with a direct line of sight between the Access Point and device.
Each powered GrowFlux Mesh device, such as the Universal Dimmer, Sensor Hub, or any GrowFlux lighting controller also functions as a GrowFlux Mesh repeater, extending the reach of your GrowFlux Mesh network.
GrowFlux Mesh utilizes sub-GHz frequencies rather than the commonly used 2.4GHz band, allowing GrowFlux Mesh devices to penetrate further and deeper into buildings and concrete structures.
GrowFlux Mesh performs uniquely in large scale indoor cultivation environments with metal walls and concrete floors. Learn more